• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

What's a good timer to replace Kettlebell Timer Pro?

Trip

For many years I've used "Kettlebell Timer Pro" to time my KB swings and snatches. Unfortunately this app has been discontinued and no longer runs on my phone.

Could anyone recommend a good replacement? The feature which I particularly liked in KB Timer Pro was its ability to mark the pace of the interval by 'beeping' on each swing.

Not sure if I explained that properly :) But if you had KB Timer Pro, you know what I mean...

Thanks for your suggestions,

Trip

vfb

If you have an iPhone you can try my app. It needs to be brought up to date a bit, but it still works just fine. I’m trying to rewrite it, but it’s hard to find the time with two small children and a full time job. (I have a fix ready for a couple minor display issues. Hopefully I’ll get that out this week.)

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/strengthiness-interval-timer/id707524017

The interval timer works how I hope you’d expect, though I admit choosing a new set can be a bit confusing. I will try to fix that in the next few months. I use the counter for TGUs and when I’m doing breathing ladders instead of timed intervals. The stopwatch is there just to be there. Also, the beep volume is controlled by the ringer/system volume, so the volume buttons may or may not work depending on your system settings but the mute switch will.

postandspread

i still have the older app on my iPad 2. It's elegantly designed, clean, clear, easy to set. I use it for certain non-KB exercises.

Trip

Thanks! I purchased and enjoyed your app, and used it for a while.

What I was missing from KB Timer Pro was the ability to sound a beep for each individual swing, in order to mark out the pace of the set. This is actually not that important, it turns out. But what I was also missing was the ability to sound a few 'get ready' beeps at the end of each rest period, and not just before the first set of swings.

Trip

i still have the older app on my iPad 2. It's elegantly designed, clean, clear, easy to set. I use it for certain non-KB exercises.

Hey, what about those KB exercises? It's still good for that, right? :)

I still run KB timer pro on my iPhone 6 but for the new iPhone I have now switched to Seconds Pro. It's a bit complicated to set up in a way that mimics how KB Timer Pro operated but, with their help I was able to do so and, as a bonus, it has the ability to mark out the individual swings (pace/cadence).

postandspread

Hey, what about those KB exercises? It's still good for that, right? :)

I still run KB timer pro on my iPhone 6 but for the new iPhone I have now switched to Seconds Pro. It's a bit complicated to set up in a way that mimics how KB Timer Pro operated but, with their help I was able to do so and, as a bonus, it has the ability to mark out the individual swings (pace/cadence).

Somehow never used it for KB swings or TGUs. Prefer ‘feel’ for those when I get around to doing them!

vfb

But what I was also missing was the ability to sound a few 'get ready' beeps at the end of each rest period, and not just before the first set of swings.
Interesting. I'll add that to the list of features to add in my "spare" time.

I'll consider cadence, but I personally feel that each person's physical structure is somewhat different so swing timings will be different from person to person. Also, sometimes I do "fast" swings with accelerated eccentrics and other times I do "regular" swings at gravity's pace. Both have very different cadences.

As to what postandspread mentioned, I never time TGUs; I use the counter feature for those. That way I can take my time and concentrate on form. Whenever I'm done with one (or two, if alternating sides) I just tap the screen and I never lose count.

I also use the counting feature for breathing ladders. In my head I count reps and then count breaths, and I let the counter remember what set I'm on.

Free Course