• If this is your first visit, please visit the FAQ. Please register before posting. To start viewing messages, select a forum below.
The world’s premier network for those seeking to share and discuss high-impact,high results, super practical information for the developmentof superiorphysical performance.

Who is Paul "Coach" Wade?

prw166

Who is the guy and what are his qualifications? I looked through the advertisment and couldn't find anything. It would be nice to know what makes him qualified to write the book...

fttfbass

Who is the guy and what are his qualifications? I looked through the advertisment and couldn't find anything. It would be nice to know what makes him qualified to write the book...
Personal experience. I'm not sure about any certifications or anything like that though. IMHO personal experience trumps a certification anyday.

prw166

What are his personal experiences? Has he or someone he has trained attained the goals set in the book?

John Du Cane

Administrator
Staff member
Paul spent around nineteen years in maximum security prisons like Marion and Angola where he studied and developed his program. The full story is in the book. The training he recommends has an immensely authentic ring to it. No BS, to the point, very, very practical. He has achieved what he teaches.

MikeC in NZ RKC

Does the book go into how Paul ended up in prison? I'm all for people getting a second chance and it would be nice to know my $35 is going to someone that has learnt one of lifes harsh lessons and turned his life around and not some scum bag that just happens to be good at bodyweight training ... although I I trust John has aready thought of this and the book will probabaly reveal all.

fttfbass

Does the book go into how Paul ended up in prison? I'm all for people getting a second chance and it would be nice to know my $35 is going to someone that has learnt one of lifes harsh lessons and turned his life around and not some scum bag that just happens to be good at bodyweight training ... although I I trust John has aready thought of this and the book will probabaly reveal all.
I'm pretty sure the book doesn't go into any personal details about why the author was in prison.

Most people who achieve these types of feats most likely aren't going to be 'scum bags'. The discipline and hard work required usually rules that out. Does anyone really think the author would have spent all this time training, then writing the book and surviving the DuCane Gauntlet if he was ready to snap and do a B&E at any moment?

JLB

Most people who achieve these types of feats most likely aren't going to be 'scum bags'. The discipline and hard work required usually rules that out. Does anyone really think the author would have spent all this time training, then writing the book and surviving the DuCane Gauntlet if he was ready to snap and do a B&E at any moment?

Yes, I agree, MOST people who achieve these feats aren't scum bags. But he spent almost 20 years in various prisons...I'm guessing at ONE time he WAS a scum bag.

I'm hoping he is no longer. But regardless, I'm looking forward to reading his book and seeing what he has to say.

JLB

Yes, I agree, MOST people who achieve these feats aren't scum bags. But he spent almost 20 years in various prisons...I'm guessing at ONE time he WAS a scum bag.

I'm hoping he is no longer. But regardless, I'm looking forward to reading his book and seeing what he has to say.

JLB

They mention that he entered prison as a teenager. There are a lot of people doing 20-30 who screwed up as teenagers.

MikeC in NZ RKC

Hmmmm I think getting sent away for 20 years means he did some pretty bad stuff and were at some stage a scumbag. That he may have seen the error of his ways and bettered himself is a possibility. Granted it takes discipline and hard work to achieve those feats but there isn't a lot else to do in prison and the motivation is pretty high to train hard if some dude called Butch is wanted you to be his girl firend.

C

Chiggers

Preface: I ordered the book and am not trying to be confrontational.

I think its a fair question to ask how John Du Cane validated the author. So the copy arrives on your desk what steps did you need to go through to authenticate the material, indeed perhaps the author, and decide with your access to certified experts that Mr Wade's experience was worth publishing?

(I fully believe that you must have had ethical questions at first and took some measures to balance these before publishing)

Chiggers

greg57

If the Starbucks customer wants to be sure that he is getting shade grown organic coffee in a recycled cup, than I don't think it is asking too much to want to know exactly why Mr. Wade was in prison. There are a lot of despicable things that could get a man 19 years behind bars, I think it is a fair question. I have never been one to boycott things but people avoid giving their business to people and companies for things that are far more insignificant than a felony conviction.

Getting 20-30 years as a teenager means you did more than screwed up.
Not necessarily...minimum mandatory sentencing guidelines for drug offenses account for as much as 80% of the increase of the prison population in the US between 1985 and 1995. First time drug offenders were sometimes locked up longer than rapists, armed robbers and murderers.

In 2008, 1,700,000 arrests in the US were drug related. There were only 594,000 violent crime arrests that year.

At the end of 2006, 1 out of every 31 people in the US were either incarcerated, on probation or on parole.

MikeTheBear

Not necessarily...minimum mandatory sentencing guidelines for drug offenses account for as much as 80% of the increase of the prison population in the US between 1985 and 1995. First time drug offenders were sometimes locked up longer than rapists, armed robbers and murderers.

In 2008, 1,700,000 arrests in the US were drug related. There were only 594,000 violent crime arrests that year.

At the end of 2006, 1 out of every 31 people in the US were either incarcerated, on probation or on parole.

Randy gets the star student of the day award. This is absolutely correct. Depending on what sentencing guidelines were in place, several "relatively not-so-bad" crimes can easily add up to a total of 20 years. I used the phrase "relatively not-so-bad" mainly to describe, as Randy mentioned, drug possession/use. People may disagree, and I don't want to go into a debate on drugs, but suffice it to say that while I do not condone drug use, I don't think it is nearly as bad as crimes of violence such as rape, armed robbery, and murder.

prw166

You don't get locked up for that long because of a first offense drug case, unless there was a large quantity involved, and it is hard core drugs not marijuana. Also people involved in drugs are normally involved in other crimes. How do you think people get money for drugs???

prw166

Back to my original question though. Who is Paul Wade? It may give his story in the book, but that means I have to purchase and wait for the book to arrive before I can find out anything about the author and what makes him qualified to write the book. All of the things listed in the description are meaningless if the author has no credentials to write about it.

greg57

We can play guessing games all day long, but unless information is forthcoming some of us will always assume the worst because there are murderers, rapists, child molesters, and many other variants of pond scum behind bars. Since when in the hell is it dumb to assume a guy who spent 19 years in prison for what he won't say may be an unsavory character.

You don't get locked up for that long because of a first offense drug case, unless there was a large quantity involved, and it is hard core drugs not marijuana. Also people involved in drugs are normally involved in other crimes. How do you think people get money for drugs???
Normally? LOL. How do people get money for drugs? Most people who do illegal drugs in this country earn their money...even Rush Limbaugh.( Little trust-i-farians are exempt, they just chose parents wisely.)
A few years ago, you could go away for 10X longer for possessing 50X less crack cocaine than powder cocaine.

Free Course